Friday, January 14, 2011
These are the last two things I have been working on. I made an all blue skirt over a year ago off of a pattern I had gotten. I made the mistake of cutting it out wrong. I am used to cutting two pieces at once but this pattern they are all cut out single layer. So I had ended up with an extra set of top pieces but didn't have enough fabric for the bottom ruffles. So then I had to find something that would work for the ruffle. I got fabric last May but got busy & couldn't get to it. Then I couldn't find it. Finally I found all the parts & decided to take time & do it up. When I went to do it I found the pattern I had made myself off of the pattern, it is for a 6 pieces gored skirt. So I decided to do that one too. I happened to have fabric I had gotten cheap at Goodwill. So here is the finished skirts. You can see they need to be pressed yet.