Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dentist trips




We hadn't been to the dentist in awhile & decided before we were going to be away from home for a week we had best get a couple dential things taken care of. We made appointments for regular cleanings. Found out we each had 3 teeth that needed fillings, mine were all on one side so one more appointment would take care of it. Ed's were on two sides & the dentist didn't want to numb both sides. So he had to go in twice. When I went in to get my 3 fillings the dentist informed me that one was too bad & would need to be pulled. Since he doesn't do that I had to make an appointment with a different dentist. BTW I was able to get the two fillings with out being numbed. A week later I had the tooth pulled, two days before Thanksgiving. About an hour after the tooth was pulled my face started to show signs of bruising. I had many people ask what was on my face. So I informed them I had a tooth pulled. The day after Thanksgiving another piece broke off the one tooth I just had filled so I had to go back again for a filling. There were two girls maybe ages 8 & 10. They both looked at me. I felt like saying a dentist did this to me but I figured I shouldn't scare them. We have sent nearly $1000 in dentist bills in the month of Nov. I hope that we don't have to go back to the dentist that much again.

1 comment:

Amy :) said...

Wow. That looks bad! I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, that I had bruising. It was something I hadn't expected.

I'll bet you're glad that's over!
Amy :)